- Side Dish
Beetroot, balsamic and caraway dip
- 5 mins
- 35 mins
- Serves 4
- Gluten Free
- Kid Friendly
- Nut Free
- Oil Free
- Party Food
- Refined Sugar Free
- Soy Free
- Super Easy
This recipe is super healthy and can be used as a dip or spread. Try it on wraps, toast or in a burger. You can also thin it down extra water and use it as a delicious vibrant dressing for a salad.
- 2 medium sized beetroots
- 1 tsp caraway seeds + a pinch for garnish
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tahini Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp water + more if needed
- Mint leaves to garnish (optional)
Crudités - choose your favourite raw veggies:
- 125g sugar snap peas
- ½ cucumber
- 1 red or yellow capsicum
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery stems
- Peel and cut beetroot into quarters and roast in the oven for 35 minutes at 180 degrees or until lightly roasted.
- In a pan lightly toast caraway seeds until fragrant.
- Place the beetroots, caraway seeds and all remaining ingredients in a food processor and mix on high until smooth. Add extra water until desired consistency.
- Garnish with mint leaves and an extra pinch of caraway seeds.
- Serve with raw crudités.
- Choose your favourite raw veggies for the crudités.
- As well as those listed, cauliflower and broccoli sticks work well, or lightly-blanched green beans or asparagus are great options too.
- The vibrant colour of this dip is so inviting and fun!