- Main Meal
- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- Serves 4
- Pasta / Noodles
- Gluten Free Option
- Kid Friendly
- Nut Free
- Oil Free
- One Pot
- Refined Sugar Free
- Super Easy
This filling dish is a weeknight family favourite!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup black kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 x 400g can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 x 400g cans whole tomatoes, crushed by hand
- Cracked pepper
- 500g wholemeal penne pasta
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn by hand
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat, add garlic with a splash of water and saute for 1 minute.
- Add olives, chilli flakes, capers and artichoke hearts and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with cracked pepper.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat until boiling, then add the penne pasta. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook pasta for about 7-8 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and mix with sauce, then serve with torn basil over top and optional nutritional yeast.
- For a gluten-free option, choose gluten-free whole grain or pulse pasta.
- To reduce the sodium content, pre-soak the olives in water, then drain before using