- Healthy Dessert
Ginger turmeric latte
- 5 mins
- 5 mins
- Serves 1
- Gluten Free
- Kid Friendly
- Oil Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Super Easy
This spiced drink will warm you from the inside whilst providing a nourishing dose of ground turmeric.
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 3-4 small dates, chopped
- 2 rounded teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom (or two pods)
- 1 teaspoon dessicated coconut
- A grind of black pepper
- Heat the soy milk and water in a small pot over medium heat (or in the microwave) until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, blend the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender until like a paste.
- Once these ingredients are blitzed together, add the hot liquid into the blender and blend again until frothy.
- Pour and serve!
- Soy-free option: substitute soy milk for oat milk.
- Bear in mind that there is wide variation among plant-milks and some froth well, while others barely froth at all. I have found that Vitasoy Protein Plus soy milk froths best.