- Side Dish
- 2 mins
- Serves 4
- 5 Ingredients or less
- Gluten Free
- Kid Friendly
- Nut Free Option
- Oil Free
- Soy Free
- Super Easy
The most simple yet nutritious side dish possible.
- 4 cups raw greens, such as rocket (arugula), baby spinach or a mixture
- Dash of balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar of your choice)
- 1 cup sliced vegetables such as tomato and/or cucumber
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Wash greens thoroughly and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle a dash of vinegar over top and mix together. Top with a light sprinkle of sesame or pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Try experimenting with different vinegars as dressings. These tangy flavours can elevate raw greens to become the star of your dish.
- Dark leafy greens are more nutrient dense than standard iceberg lettuce.