- Healthy Dessert
Spiced banana granola
- 5 mins
- 20 mins
- Serves 6
- Gluten Free Option
- Kid Friendly
- Nut Free Option
- Oil Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Soy Free
- Super Easy
Add a spiced crunch to your breakfast or dessert - try this granola over pancakes or on top of banana nice cream.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 cups rolled oats (or buckwheat if gluten free)
- 1 cup buckwheat
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix until very well combined.
- Spread the granola over two lined baking trays.
- Bake the granola for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Mix the granola 10-15 minutes into the baking time to prevent the edges from
- Allow the granola to cool on the baking tray then add the raisins.
- Serve with plant milk or sprinkle on top of smoothies, banana nice cream or pancakes. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- The oven is at a lower temperature than normal because the banana, maple syrup and nuts are likely to burn easily.
- Nut-free option: remove walnuts and double the raisins