- Main Meal
- 20 mins
- 30 mins
- Serves 5-10
- Gluten Free
- Kid Friendly
- Nut Free
- Oil Free
- Party Food
- Refined Sugar Free
Loaded with plant protein, these capsicums are super filling. Pair them with a side of leafy greens for a colourful, nourishing meal.
- 5 small capsicums (choosing ones that can ‘stand up’ on their own will make cooking less messy!)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 250g firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups silverbeet, chopped (or spinach)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Cut the top off the capsicum (keep the top for later) and remove seeds.
- Place the miso paste and hot water in a small bowl and stir until miso dissolves.
- Place the tofu and garlic into a fry pan stir until tofu begins to cook.
- Add the tomatoes, silverbeet, curry powder and miso paste mixture stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato paste, tamari, peas and chickpeas.
- Cook on low heat until the silverbeet is cooked.
- Spoon the mixture into the capsicums and place the capsicum lids on top. Place on an oven tray ‘standing up’.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until the capsicum is cooked through and lightly charred in patches.
Optional: Serve with a side salad (e.g. lettuce, cucumber, radishes)
- Loaded with plant protein, these stuffed capsicums are super filling. Pair them with a side of leafy greens for a colourful, nourishing meal.
- Swap chickpeas for another bean of choice.
- You can use any leftover filling e.g. on toasted wholegrain bread or in a wholegrain wrap.