- Healthy Dessert
- 2 mins
- 3 mins
- Serves 2
- Gluten Free Option
- Kid Friendly
- Nut Free
- Oil Free
- Party Food
- Refined Sugar Free
- Soy Free
- Super Easy
A renowned combination of ingredients in this chai variant that is a perfect combination with the sunrise. Inspired by traditional Indian chai recipes such as those used among yoga practitioners.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½-1 tsp maple syrup to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp whole cardamom pods
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 slivers fresh ginger
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups plant milk of choice, heated
- Combine all ingredients but the milk in a teapot
- Add boiling water.
- Stir well.
- Heat the plant milk either on the hob or in the microwave until hot, and add to the teapot.
- Allow to soak for at least 90 seconds.
- Pour through a strainer into two mugs.
- If you don’t have fresh ginger, 1-2 teaspoons of ground ginger can be used instead.
- For a gluten-free option, choose soy milk.
- Yogi tea works beautifully with oat milk although you can also make it with your choice of soy or nut milk, depending on what you like best.